Σάββατο 23 Φεβρουαρίου 2013

LET - ALLOW

We use Let and Allow to give someone permission to do something.
- We use Make to talk about obligation and to force someone to do something.

Make
Form :
Make + Object + Verb (Without To)
Examples :
  • You should make him get a job.
  • I know how to make you feel better.
  • The new teacher never made us do homeworks.
Let
Form :
Let + Object + Verb (Without To)
Examples :
  • My mother wouldn't let me to go to the party.
  • I know, you didn't do your best. You just let me wen everytime.
  • They won't let their children make their own decisions.
Allow
Active form :
Allow + Object + to + Verb
Passive form :
Be + allowed + to + verb
Examples :
  • They always allow me to hang out with my friends and stay out late.
  • We are not allowed to go there.
  • Are they allowed to wear costumes this Halloween ? 
  • FROM http://www.falibo.com/video/1610/English-Grammar--Make--Let--Allow

Δεν υπάρχουν σχόλια:

Δημοσίευση σχολίου