Σάββατο 13 Απριλίου 2013

Vocabulary : Cheer up!




Asking about a problem
  • What's the matter?
  • What's wrong?
  • Is there anything wrong?
  • Is there anything I can do?
  • Can I help you in any way?
  • What's up?
Describing a problem
  • Oh! it's nothing.
  • It's nothing serious.
  • Oh! it's just that ...
  • I've just had some bad news.
  • I've just found out that ...
  • I've decided that ...
  • I've just been told that ...
Trying to cheer someone up
  • Come one, it isn't that bad.
  • It could be a lot worse.
  • It isn't all that bad in the whole scheme of things.
  • Come on, just look on the bright side, you could have ...
  • Every cloud has a silver lining.
  • Nothing lasts forever.
  • There are plenty more fish in the sea.
  • It's not all doom and gloom.
  • Worse things happen at sea.
  • Get over it! Just count your blessings.
The future's looking brighter
  • We've turned the corner.
  • There's a light at the end of the tunnel.
  • Things can only get better.
  • It can't get any worse.
  • I think we've been through the worst of it.
 FROM:http://www.falibo.com/video/1986/Vocabulary--Cheer-up

Δεν υπάρχουν σχόλια:

Δημοσίευση σχολίου