Κυριακή 24 Νοεμβρίου 2013

Advice in English

Advice in English
  • Asking for advice
- I’d like some advice about it.
- I need some advice.
- What would you advise me to do?
- I’m about to break up with him. What do you suggest?
- I don’t know what to do, could you advise me?
- I’m very confused, what do you think I should do?
- Don’t you think I could try?
- Please tell me, what would you do if you were me?
- What would you do in my place?
- Wouldn’t it be better for me to borrow one?

  • Giving advice
- Follow my advice, and listen carefully.
- Take my advice : Try and improve your Japanese. It will help you in your career.
- If you want my advice, dismiss him.
- If I were you, I wouldn’t break up with him. He’s just so courteous and you don’t want to lose him.
- If I were in your place, I’d behave properly in front of them.
- I advise you to wait for a while. This is not a good time for giving up.
- Believe me : give him his money back. You don’t want to get in trouble.
- Take my word for it, leave this place.
- Let me tell you this : it’s not that bad, you can try again and again, just pull yourself together and you will be fine.
- It’s up to you, of course, but I wouldn’t do it.
- If I were in your shoes, I wouldn’t wait, she’s a one in a million.
- You’d better think twice about what you’re going to do!
- She’d better not talk to her father like this! She has to show him some respect.
- You could work more, couldn’t you?
- Couldn’t you make an effort?
- Why don’t you consult another doctor?
- I’d advise you to have a quick look at it.
- Why not catch an earlier train?
- Don’t you think it would be a good idea to have a few days’ holidays?
- Personally, I think the best would be to stay in bed for a few days.
- I think it would be better if you gave me the list.
- They shouldn’t talk so loudly.
- You should wait for us outside.
- It’s in your interest to leave this country for some time.
- It’s about time you studied foreign languages seriously. You know you will need them if you get a job.
- You ought to be more humane with them.
- They ought not to criticize her.
- It might be an idea to record the lecture.
- You might as well ring her from here.
- It occurred to me that you might as well resign.

  • Refusing to give advice
- I’m sorry, I’m terrible in giving advice.
- I’m afraid I can’t suggest something.
- This is not my domain, and I don’t know what to advise.
- I wish I could help, but I can’t.
- I’m not sure about it.
- I have no clue about what, I can’t advise!


from: http://englishlearningbox.com/speaking/advice-in-english

Δεν υπάρχουν σχόλια:

Δημοσίευση σχολίου