Τετάρτη 13 Φεβρουαρίου 2013

FOCUS ON: Idioms » ESL Heaven


Blow your nose – To remove mucus from your nostrils.
Put your shirt on back to front – wear your shirt the wrong way around.
You wear your pants inside out – You wear the pants the wrong way with the label showing.
I know you have what it takes – You can do it!
You are a man of many talents – You can do many things.
You need to shape up – You need to behave better.
I’m getting into good shape – My body is looking good.
Put some money away for a rainy day – save for an emergency.
I had a nose job – I got plastic surgery on my nose.
He was a no show at the party – He didn’t come despite being invited.
I am locked out of my car – The car is locked and I don’t have the keys to get in.
It’s right up your alley/street – It is something that you would enjoy/be good at.
Don’t judge a book by its cover – Don’t make quick judgements based on initial appearance.
FIND OUT MORE HERE:FOCUS ON: Idioms » ESL Heaven:  

1 σχόλιο: