Τετάρτη 18 Σεπτεμβρίου 2013

Expressing lack of understanding


Lack of understanding



Expressing lack of understanding

Expressing lack of understanding

- I bed your pardon?
- Excuse me?
- This is confusing, I don’t really see what you’re getting at.
- I’m sorry but I don’t understand.
- I don’t quite understand you.
- I don’t understand you very well.
- I don’t really understand what you mean.
- I don’t understand a single word of it.
- What I don’t understand is how can we get a result out of this experience?
- I don’t follow you.
- I don’t get it!
- I’m completely lost!
- I’m totally confused!
- I am a little bit puzzled.
- I’m afraid it’s beyong my understanding!
- I’m sorry but it’s too vague.
- I’m sorry but I don’t see the point.
- I’m sorry but I don’t follow your train of thoughts.
- What puzzles me is the reason why he never talks to her.


  Asking for clarification
- What do you mean?
- What’s that supposed to mean?
- What does he mean by metaphorical music?
- What’s the meaning of that word?
- Would you be more specific?
- What are you aiming at?
- I don’t see what you’re driving at.
- Could you explain it in detail please?
- Could you clarify this point, please?
- Could you write that down for me, please?
- I’m a bit confused. Would you mind explaining that?
- Can you start again please, it was too quick.
- Can you repeat please?
- Can you speak up please?
- Does that mean that you didn’t get the job?
- Just to check that I haven’t misunderstood anything : was the answer yes or no?
- So, in other words, are you saying that we can use the present perfect and the present perfect continuous to describe our own experience?
- I’m afraid my German is not very good. Could you say that again more slowly, please?
- Sorry, I didn’t understand that word. Could you spell it for me, please?


from http://englishlearningbox.com/

Δεν υπάρχουν σχόλια:

Δημοσίευση σχολίου